Monday, April 23, 2012

April 9, 2012 Baptism of Alejandro

These weeks have been difficult with the work.  We just aren´t finding like we used to and aren´t having success like we used to so I started fasting more to find out how we can improve.  One thing I noticed is that the revelation usually comes in the form of simple actions that we could apply.  Maybe the Lord´s trying to teach me about being patient while enduring to the end as well.  This past friday we actually had a cool experience.  President Gulbrandsen gave a special Easter devotional.  We were only in the offices for an hour in the morning but he spent the whole time talking about Christ and the atonement and resurrection.  It was very spiritual and really boosted our desire to share the Gospel with everyone.  We also had another zone leader council on Tuesday and it was cool.  We ate tacos again with brownies and ice cream.  The Hermana Gulbrandsen always cooks something really good.

We had a baptism too.  It was a boy named Alejandro and we found him through one of our recent converts, it is his nephew.  He started coming to church with his cousin and liked it and even started going to the activities and seminary!  It was a cool baptism and is definitely not my last.  I realized that I am a lot more like you than I thought (or maybe even wanted to be before).  Talking with my companion we noticed that we´ve gotten a bit lazy and lax in our desires to work hard and baptize and change our area and the zone and we think it´s because we took some advice to "slow down in the turbulence" like Pres Uchtdorf said, but we both are stress addicts!  We were comparing how we worked and how involved we were with the other missionaries at the beginning of our time together and now and it seems like by slowing down we have become more lazy.  So we´re going to try going back to putting on pressure and working hard.  So we both work better underpressure I think.  I´ve also realized while studying, planning, and taking notes that I also like lists, ugh.

Anyway, that´s all I got for now, there´s no port to transfer my fotos so I´ll try to send them next week.  Thanks for keeping my facebook and credit cards updated, I´ll check to see if my debit is expired or not.  Love you lots and write more next week.  hopefully this West Point wait will be over as well.

Con amor,
Elder Arrowchis

No comments:

Post a Comment