Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Need FHE Game Ideas

Ha ha, you are giving a talk on Easter Sunday, how great! Well, I would recommend reading from "True To The Faith." Then, just take a second to meditate and focus on what is the focus of the atonement. Then just follow the impressions that come to your heart and look for those answers in your daily study through True to the Faith or the bible dictionary. Then just share what you learned with everyone and bear your testimony. That´s what I try to do for my daily scripture study. And I´d recommend you start before Saturday because even though you work "harder" under stress, I don´t know if you´ll be able to work "better" under the stress by recognizing the spiritual promptings through all that emotion, ha ha. It´s like what Elder Holland said in General Conference, the speakers spend a month at least sweating, praying, and searching for the topic they should speak about. You already have the topic, you just need to find the direction the Lord wants you to take. I´d also suggest reading the atonement in lesson 2 in Preach My Gospel. There´s a guide in that lesson to scriptures that talk about the Savior.

So your asking me advice made me think of an experience Presidente Arnold (Area President for Sur America Sur) told us in a conference with him (because I realize i didn´t give you much material to write):

He said that when he was a mission president for Costa Rica there was a problem within the country and he had to figure out how to move all the missionaries to a certain spot in the mission for safety reasons. He said he had no idea how to do it because part of the mission was outside of Costa Rica and he would have to cross borders and they weren´t doing anything of the kind. So he called a member of the 12 (Elder Oaks I think) and asked him what he should do. Elder Oaks told him it sounds like he needs to pray and figure it out, and then he hung up. Eventually Presidente Arnold received the revelation he needed but that was a funny, yet true response. Ha ha, good luck on Sunday, you´ll do great.

Anyway, thanks for the Easter Basket, I haven´t even finished half of it. I´ve already given away quite a bit but this last week I got diarreah for a couple of days and still feel kinda quisy, so I didn´t eat much of it yet. The ferrero rocheros were also a nice touch. I gave Eduardo and Elder Ludwig the silly puddy and they are always playing with it.

This week´s been pretty rough, as in we just haven´t had much success. The cool thing about Elder Ludwig is that he´s learned how to keep happy in the mission even when things aren´t going too well. One thing that I realized is that I have almost a year in the mission and I STILL have no idea how to be a good missionary. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do STILL. I do think I understand Spanish more, so that´s a plus. I think I´ve gotten to the point of understanding just about everyone, only not when they use words that I don´t already know. I know one way you can help me! So we are trying to organize family home evenings with our investigators and other members, but we don´t know any family home evening games... could you send some suggestions (and how to play)? Thanks.

Send greetings to Amanda and tell her thanks for all the letters and especially for the list of scriptures! Tell her that if she´s still going to institute when Jordan gets there she needs to get him incorporated and all that. I can´t believe the whole clan is going to have worked at Leisure World... the worst part is that I was there in the beginning too! Back at the old budget building! Oh my gosh... I´ve been with that company my whole life. Thanks for the pictures too, they were awesome, just too bad that Elder Martinez already went home to see them. Love you and good luck with the talk on Sunday, I´ll see how it went on Monday I guess, ha ha.

Con Amor,
Elder Arrowchis

No comments:

Post a Comment