Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Zone Leaders

June 1, 2010

Today is the first of June and the only difference [at the MTC] on holidays is that we don’t get mail. Like West Point, the only good things about holidays are bad things for us.

My roommate/companion (I only have one roommate) is Elder Grover and he’s from Orem Utah and went to BYU Provo for a year before coming here. My class is my district and so there’s only 2 other elders in my class. Elder Gibbons is from Virginia and his dad was in the Army for half his childhood and Elder Zebley who is from Nazareth Pennsylvania. Elder Gibbons thinks he has a girlfriend and Elder Zebley can act like a goofball, but other than that they’re great Elders. My companion played football and baseball in high school and won “Mr. Orem”. He’s very loveable because he says hi to everyone and gives every elder a hug.

Oh yeah, so thank Pres. Davis for me! (slight sarcasm) I’ve only been here 2 full weeks and my companion and I have been called to be zone leaders starting next week. If my district was a platoon, and my zone a company, we are going to be company commanders. We are responsible for settling issues with the building we sleep in and with the other zones around us. We are also responsible for organizing Sacrament and Priesthood meetings. And finally, we are going to be responsible for orienting the new missionaries every week. A lot of responsibility…

Well, things are frustrating and hard because I can only speak Spanish all day but I can’t express what I want to say, although my Spanish has improved a lot. I’ve actually lost a few pounds, and I guess my branch president thinks I’m diligent. Also, I can’t testify enough how much I’m learning how important the restoration is and how emphasized it needs to be.

Tell Jordan I love him.

Sincere Love,
Elder Arrowchis

No comments:

Post a Comment