Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thinking in English

Apparently, the Lord loves answering my prayers because before I left I was praying for a hard mission and to have humility, and the Lord has already blessed me with opportunities for both! Yesterday, my district and I began our teachers’ challenge of only speaking Spanish, ever. And go figure, I am struggling exceedingly with learning and speaking it. As a matter of fact learning Chinese has not helped me because at first I couldn’t remember any Spanish words because Chinese words kept popping up in my head.

I realized something interesting as I started this last week. I realized that my secular “West Point” training has not given me any real or significant advantage while becoming a missionary. I mean there are a few things it slightly helped with, but overall I am on the same page spiritually as the rest of my district and I am struggling just as much. My estimated date for departure [from the MTC] is July 13. I was looking at another Elder’s flight plans (because he leaves for Buenos Aires next week) and it will be a 12 hour change in time from when I leave Georgia and arrive in Buenos Aires.

Oh yeah, and tell Jordan it snowed here yesterday. Yeah, that’s right, at the end of May there was an inch of snow on the ground. Well, I can’t think of anything else to write so I’ll share my new hobby, making “Quotes of the Day” (cita del dia):

20 May 10: Elder Grover
“It can change someone’s life if they see you’re excited to see them.”

21 May 10:
“God does not send angels to hover above our beds simply to freak us out”

22 May 10: @ the MTC
“There are too many hours in a day, and not enough days in the week”

23 May 10: @ the MTC
“I am trying hard to grow, so please don’t walk on me.”

24 May 10: Hermano Ammons
“I know you are thinking in English” (Se que esta pensando en Ingles)

-Elder Arrowchis

No comments:

Post a Comment